The Bausch + Lomb Spectronic 20 Spectrophotometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the amount of light absorbed by a sample in a cuvette. It is commonly used in fields such as chemistry, biology, and environmental science to determine the concentration of substances in a solution. The spectrophotometer works by shining a light source through the cuvette and measuring the intensity of light that passes through the sample and reaches a detector. This information can then be used to calculate the absorbance of the sample, which can be used to determine the concentration of a substance.
The Bausch + Lomb Spectronic 20 Spectrophotometer is a benchtop instrument used in spectrophotometry, a scientific technique that measures the amount of light absorbed by a sample. It consists of a light source, a monochromator, a sample cuvette holder, and a detector. The light source produces a beam of light which passes through the monochromator, which filters the light to select a specific wavelength. The filtered light then passes through the sample in the cuvette and the amount of light absorbed by the sample is measured by the detector. The spectrophotometer displays the absorbance or transmittance values, which can be used to determine the concentration of a substance in the sample. The Bausch + Lomb Spectronic 20 Spectrophotometer is a versatile and accurate instrument that is widely used in research, quality control, and industrial applications.
Top 3 Competitors
- Thermo Scientific Genesys 10S UV-Vis Spectrophotometer: This is a versatile benchtop spectrophotometer that is designed for a wide range of applications. It offers high accuracy, excellent performance, and a user-friendly interface.
- Agilent 8453 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer: This is a high-performance spectrophotometer that is designed for demanding applications in the laboratory. It offers excellent accuracy, reproducibility, and sensitivity, making it ideal for use in research, quality control, and industrial settings.
- Shimadzu UV-1601PC UV-Vis Spectrophotometer: This is a compact, benchtop spectrophotometer that is designed for easy operation and high-precision measurements. It offers a range of advanced features, such as automatic wavelength calibration and direct data transfer, making it a popular choice for use in various applications in the laboratory.
5 Best Things:
- Accuracy: The Bausch + Lomb Spectronic 20 Spectrophotometer is known for its high accuracy and precision in measuring the absorbance of samples.
- Versatility: The instrument is capable of measuring a wide range of samples in a variety of cuvette sizes, making it suitable for use in many different applications.
- User-friendly interface: The instrument is designed with a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to operate and use, even for those who are new to spectrophotometry.
- Durability: The spectrophotometer is built with high-quality materials that are designed to withstand frequent use in the laboratory.
- Cost-effectiveness: The Bausch + Lomb Spectronic 20 Spectrophotometer is an affordable option for those who need a high-performance spectrophotometer without breaking the bank. It offers excellent value for money compared to other spectrophotometers with similar capabilities.