The Waters ILD (In-Line Degasser) is a device designed to remove dissolved gases from liquid samples prior to their analysis by analytical instruments such as HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography) systems.
Dissolved gases can interfere with the accuracy and precision of the analytical results, so removing them is essential for obtaining reliable and reproducible data. The ILD works by utilizing a vacuum to draw the liquid sample through a chamber filled with a hydrophobic membrane. As the sample flows through the membrane, dissolved gases are trapped and vented out of the system, while the degassed sample is directed to the analytical instrument.
The ILD is typically installed in-line with the HPLC system, allowing for continuous and automatic degassing of the sample stream. The device can handle flow rates of up to 10 mL/min, and is compatible with a variety of solvents used in HPLC applications.
Overall, the Waters ILD is an important tool for achieving high-quality results in HPLC analysis by removing dissolved gases that can negatively impact the accuracy and precision of the data.
Top 3 Competitors
- Agilent Technologies – Agilent offers a range of in-line degassers for HPLC systems, including the G1379B Micro Degasser and the G4220A Infinity Series High-Performance Degasser.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Thermo Fisher Scientific offers the Vanquish Inline Degasser for HPLC systems, which uses a two-stage vacuum degassing process to remove dissolved gases.
- Shimadzu – Shimadzu offers the DGU-20A5 degassing unit, which uses a vacuum-assisted degassing method to remove dissolved gases from the mobile phase.
5 Best Things:
- Efficient degassing: The ILD uses a highly efficient degassing technology to remove dissolved gases from liquid samples, ensuring high-quality and reproducible analytical results.
- Easy to install and use: The ILD can be easily installed in-line with HPLC systems and requires minimal maintenance. It also features an intuitive user interface for easy operation.
- High compatibility: The ILD is compatible with a wide range of solvents and mobile phases commonly used in HPLC applications, making it a versatile tool for various analytical workflows.
- Compact design: The ILD has a compact footprint and can fit seamlessly into existing HPLC systems, without taking up much space in the laboratory.
- Cost-effective solution: The ILD offers a cost-effective solution for removing dissolved gases from liquid samples, which can save time and resources in the long run by reducing the need for repeat analyses and ensuring reliable results.