The Thermo Scientific Invitrogen Countess II Cell Counter is a laboratory instrument designed for automated cell counting and viability assessment. Its purpose is to provide researchers and scientists with a convenient and accurate method for determining cell concentration and viability in a wide range of biological samples.
In summary, the Thermo Scientific Invitrogen Countess II Cell Counter serves the purpose of automating cell counting and viability assessment in laboratory settings. Its advanced image analysis technology, user-friendly interface, and broad application range make it a valuable tool for researchers working with cell cultures and require accurate and efficient cell counting and viability determination.
Top 3 Competitors
- Beckman Coulter Vi-Cell XR
- Bio-Rad TC20 Automated Cell Counter
- Nexcelom Cellometer Vision
5 Best Things:
- Cell Counting: The primary purpose of the Countess II Cell Counter is to quickly and accurately count cells in a given sample. It uses an advanced image analysis algorithm to automatically detect and count individual cells based on their size, shape, and staining characteristics.
- Viability Assessment: In addition to counting cells, the Countess II Cell Counter also provides a means for assessing cell viability. By incorporating fluorescent dyes such as trypan blue, which selectively stains non-viable cells, the instrument can distinguish between live and dead cells, providing researchers with valuable information about the health and viability of their cell cultures.
- Convenience and Efficiency: The Countess II Cell Counter offers a user-friendly interface and automated operation, making cell counting faster and more efficient compared to traditional manual counting methods. It eliminates the need for hemocytometers and manual cell counting, reducing human error and saving time in the laboratory.
- Broad Application Range: The instrument is versatile and can be used with a wide variety of cell types, including mammalian cells, yeast, and bacteria. It is commonly employed in cell culture laboratories, tissue engineering, drug discovery, and other fields where accurate cell counting and viability assessment are critical.
- Data Analysis and Documentation: The Countess II Cell Counter allows users to store and analyze cell count and viability data directly on the instrument. It provides options for data export, generating reports, and integrating with laboratory information management systems (LIMS) for efficient data management and documentation.