The Eppendorf 5331 Mastercycler Gradient Thermal Cycler is a laboratory instrument used for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) experiments. PCR is a technique used to amplify small amounts of DNA into larger quantities, making it easier to study or analyze. The Mastercycler Gradient Thermal Cycler is specifically designed to provide precise and reliable temperature control during the PCR process.
Overall, the purpose of the Eppendorf 5331 Mastercycler Gradient Thermal Cycler is to provide precise temperature control during the PCR process, which is essential for generating reliable and reproducible results in molecular biology research.
Top 3 Competitors
- Applied Biosystems Veriti Thermal Cycler
- Bio-Rad T100 Thermal Cycler
- Qiagen Rotor-Gene Q Real-Time PCR System
5 Best Things:
- Precise temperature control: The Mastercycler Gradient Thermal Cycler provides precise temperature control during the PCR process, ensuring consistent and reproducible results. It has a temperature range of 4°C to 99°C and a heating rate of up to 3°C per second.
- Gradient function: The instrument features a gradient function, which allows for the simultaneous testing of multiple annealing temperatures within a single PCR experiment. This saves time and reduces the amount of sample required for experimentation.
- Intuitive user interface: The Mastercycler Gradient Thermal Cycler has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to set up and run PCR experiments. It features a large, backlit display, and simple, intuitive software.
- Fast cycling times: The instrument has a fast heating and cooling rate, which allows for faster cycling times and more efficient PCR reactions. It can perform up to 96 cycles in less than 60 minutes.
- High throughput: The Mastercycler Gradient Thermal Cycler has a high throughput capacity, which allows for up to 96 samples to be processed simultaneously. This is useful for labs that need to process a large number of samples quickly and efficiently.