The Bio-Rad Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System 690BR is a laboratory instrument used for the rapid transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to membranes. This process, called Western blotting, is a critical step in many protein analysis applications.
The Trans-Blot Turbo system uses proprietary Turbo technology to transfer proteins up to 25 times faster than traditional Western blotting methods. The instrument is designed for high throughput, with the ability to transfer up to four mini-gels or two midi-gels at once.
The Trans-Blot Turbo system uses pre-cut, nitrocellulose or PVDF transfer membranes, which are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate different gel formats. The membranes are placed in a cassette, which is inserted into the transfer chamber of the Trans-Blot Turbo system. The cassette is then filled with transfer buffer and the transfer is initiated.
The Trans-Blot Turbo system uses a unique, patented forced air technology to facilitate protein transfer. This technology generates a uniform flow of buffer over the membrane surface, ensuring efficient and consistent transfer of proteins. The system also includes a temperature control feature, which helps to prevent overheating of the gel and maintain the integrity of the proteins.
In summary, the Bio-Rad Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System 690BR is a laboratory instrument used for the rapid transfer of proteins from polyacrylamide gels to membranes for Western blotting analysis. It is designed for high throughput, uses proprietary Turbo technology to transfer proteins rapidly and uniformly, and includes a temperature control feature to protect protein integrity.
Top 3 Competitors
- Thermo Fisher Scientific – Thermo Fisher Scientific is a leading provider of laboratory equipment and supplies, including electrophoresis and Western blotting systems.
- Bio-Rad Criterion Blotter – The Bio-Rad Criterion Blotter is another Western blotting transfer system that competes with the Trans-Blot Turbo.
- GE Healthcare Amersham WB System – The GE Healthcare Amersham WB System is a Western blotting transfer system that is known for its ease of use and high transfer efficiency.
5 Best Things:
- Speed: The Trans-Blot Turbo system can perform transfers in as little as 3-7 minutes, making it one of the fastest transfer systems on the market.
- Versatility: The system can be used with a wide range of gel types, including polyacrylamide gels, and is compatible with both nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes.
- High throughput: The Trans-Blot Turbo system can transfer up to 4 mini gels or 2 midi gels at once, making it ideal for labs with high throughput needs.
- Ease of use: The system is designed for ease of use, with pre-programmed transfer protocols and a touch screen interface that guides the user through the transfer process.
- Consistent results: The Trans-Blot Turbo system uses a patented semi-dry transfer technology that produces highly reproducible and consistent transfer results, minimizing the need for troubleshooting and re-runs.