he Beckman Coulter JA-14 Fixed-Angle Rotor is a laboratory centrifuge rotor used for the separation of substances based on their density. It is commonly used in research and clinical laboratories for the preparation of biological samples for further analysis.
The rotor consists of a fixed-angle tube holder that holds sample tubes at a specific angle to the rotor’s axis of rotation. When the rotor spins at high speeds, the denser components of the sample are pushed to the bottom of the tube, forming a pellet, while the lighter components remain in the supernatant.
The JA-14 rotor is designed to accommodate up to 14 sample tubes, each with a maximum capacity of 50 ml. It can spin at speeds of up to 14,000 rpm, generating centrifugal forces of up to 46,000 x g.
The specific purpose of the JA-14 rotor will depend on the experiment or application in which it is used. However, some common uses include the isolation of cells or subcellular components, the purification of macromolecules such as proteins or DNA, and the preparation of samples for microscopy or other analytical techniques.
Top 3 Competitors
- Eppendorf Centrifuge 5810R
- Thermo Scientific Sorvall ST 16 Centrifuge
- Sigma Laborzentrifugen 4-16KS Centrifuge
5 Best Things:
- High Capacity: The JA-14 rotor can accommodate up to 14 tubes, each with a maximum capacity of 50 mL. This high capacity makes it useful for processing large volumes of samples.
- Fixed-Angle Design: The fixed-angle design of the rotor allows for efficient separation of samples, particularly those with large density differences, and is particularly useful for pelleting cells and organelles.
- Compatibility: The rotor is compatible with a wide range of Beckman Coulter centrifuges, including the Avanti J-20, Avanti J-E, and Avanti J-26S centrifuges.
- High Speeds: The JA-14 rotor can achieve speeds of up to 14,000 rpm (20,800 x g), allowing for rapid separation of samples.
- Durable Construction: The rotor is constructed from aluminum alloy, making it durable and resistant to damage. Additionally, the rotor features a corrosion-resistant anodized finish for added protection.