The Topcon OM-4 Ophthalmometer Keratometer is a diagnostic device used in ophthalmology and optometry to measure the curvature of the cornea, which is the clear front surface of the eye.
It’s worth noting that while the information provided here is accurate based on the knowledge available up until September 2021, there may have been advancements or newer models of ophthalmometers since then. It’s always a good idea to consult with a qualified eye care professional or refer to the manufacturer’s documentation for the most up-to-date and specific information regarding a particular device.
Top 3 Competitors
- Nidek OPD-Scan III
- Oculus Keratograph
- Tomey RC-5000
5 Best Things:
- Accurate Corneal Curvature Measurement: The OM-4 Ophthalmometer Keratometer provides precise measurements of corneal curvature, allowing for accurate assessment of corneal shape and refractive power. This aids in the diagnosis and monitoring of various eye conditions, including astigmatism, keratoconus, and corneal irregularities.
- Contact Lens Fitting: The device is particularly useful in contact lens fitting. By measuring the corneal curvature, it assists eye care professionals in determining the appropriate parameters for contact lenses, ensuring a proper fit, optimal visual acuity, and comfortable wear for the patient.
- Dual Illumination System: The OM-4 features a dual illumination system that utilizes both mire rings and placido rings. This allows for versatile corneal measurement options, accommodating different patient needs and providing flexibility in obtaining accurate readings.
- User-Friendly Design: The OM-4 Ophthalmometer Keratometer is designed with user convenience in mind. It features an intuitive interface and easy-to-use controls, enabling efficient operation and streamlined workflow for eye care professionals.
- Portable and Compact: The device is portable and compact, making it suitable for use in different clinical settings. Its size and portability allow for easy transportation between examination rooms or even for off-site screenings or clinics.