The Topcon KR-800 Autorefractor is a diagnostic instrument used to measure the refractive error of the eye, which refers to the degree of correction needed to achieve clear vision. It is commonly used by optometrists and ophthalmologists as part of a comprehensive eye exam to determine the patient’s prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
The Topcon KR-800 Autorefractor works by projecting a beam of light into the eye and measuring the way it is refracted, or bent, by the cornea and lens. The device uses advanced algorithms and technology to quickly and accurately calculate the patient’s refractive error, including measurements for sphere, cylinder, and axis.
The device is designed to be easy to use, with an intuitive interface and automated measurement processes. The measurement results are displayed on a clear, high-resolution screen, making it easy for the clinician to interpret and analyze the data.
Overall, the Topcon KR-800 Autorefractor is an essential tool for diagnosing refractive errors and determining the appropriate prescription for correcting vision problems. It provides a quick, accurate, and reliable way to measure the patient’s refractive error, helping to ensure that they receive the best possible visual correction.
Top 3 Competitors
- Nidek ARK-1s Autorefractor
- Reichert AR610 Autorefractor
- Huvitz HRK-8000A Autorefractor/Keratometer
5 Best Things:
- High Accuracy: The Topcon KR-800 Autorefractor offers high accuracy measurements of the patient’s refractive error, including measurements for sphere, cylinder, and axis, with a resolution of 0.01D for sphere and cylindrical readings.
- Rapid Measurement: The device is designed for fast, reliable measurements, with an average measurement time of 0.25 seconds. This helps to minimize the patient’s discomfort and ensure a smooth and efficient exam process.
- User-Friendly Design: The Topcon KR-800 Autorefractor features an intuitive interface and an easy-to-read digital display, making it user-friendly for both experienced and novice users. It also features automated measurement processes for added convenience.
- Multiple Measurement Modes: The device offers a variety of measurement modes, including pupil diameter measurement, retroillumination, and contact lens measurements, providing a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s visual needs.
- Connectivity: The Topcon KR-800 Autorefractor can be connected to other diagnostic instruments, such as tonometers and visual field analyzers, for a more comprehensive eye exam. It also features a built-in printer for convenient documentation of exam results.