The Thermo Shandon Cytospin 4 Centrifuge is a specialized laboratory instrument designed for cytology applications, particularly in the preparation of cell suspensions for microscopic analysis. It offers a convenient and efficient way to deposit cells onto slides, enabling the examination of cellular morphology and identification.
Overall, the Thermo Shandon Cytospin 4 Centrifuge is a reliable and efficient instrument for cytological sample preparation. It offers customizable spinning parameters, versatility in sample processing, and user-friendly operation, making it a valuable tool for researchers, pathologists, and laboratory professionals involved in cytology applications.
Top 3 Competitors
- Sakura Tissue-Tek CytoTek Centrifuge
- Beckman Coulter CytoFuge 2 Centrifuge
- Hettich Cyto-System Centrifuge
5 Best Things:
- Sample Preparation: The Cytospin 4 centrifuge is specifically designed for preparing thin-layer cell preparations for cytological analysis. It uses a spinning motion to deposit cells onto glass slides, ensuring even distribution and optimal cellular morphology preservation. The instrument accommodates a variety of sample types, including cells from bodily fluids, fine needle aspirates, and tissue homogenates.
- Rotors and Carriers: The Cytospin 4 centrifuge includes interchangeable rotors and carriers to accommodate different sample volumes and slide configurations. The rotor options allow for processing multiple samples simultaneously, increasing productivity and efficiency in the laboratory. The instrument offers flexibility in adapting to various research or diagnostic needs.
- Speed and Spin Duration Control: The centrifuge provides control over the spinning speed and duration, allowing users to optimize the deposition of cells onto slides based on their specific requirements. This flexibility ensures consistent and reproducible results across experiments and minimizes the risk of cellular distortion or loss during the process.
- Sample Protection: The Cytospin 4 centrifuge incorporates features to protect delicate samples during centrifugation. It includes a controlled deceleration feature to minimize cell disruption and maintain cell integrity. This ensures that the deposited cells retain their morphology and provide accurate diagnostic or research information.
- Ease of Use and Maintenance: The centrifuge is designed with user-friendly features, including a simple interface for easy operation. It offers intuitive controls, such as digital timers and speed adjustments, for convenient programming and monitoring of the spinning process. The instrument also features a removable bowl and other removable parts for straightforward cleaning and maintenance.