The Precision Systems 5004 MICRO-OSMETTE Osmometer is a medical device used to measure the concentration of solute particles in a solution, such as serum, plasma, or urine. The device is specifically designed to measure the osmolality of biological samples, which is a critical factor in understanding the fluid balance and electrolyte status of a patient. The osmometer works by freezing the sample and then measuring the depression in the freezing point to calculate the concentration of solute particles. This information is important for the diagnosis and treatment of a variety of medical conditions, including dehydration, diabetes insipidus, and other disorders of water balance and electrolyte balance. The Precision Systems 5004 MICRO-OSMETTE Osmometer is compact, user-friendly, and offers fast and accurate results, making it a valuable tool for healthcare professionals in a variety of clinical settings.
The Precision Systems 5004 MICRO-OSMETTE Osmometer is a medical device used to measure the osmolality (concentration of solute particles) in biological samples such as serum, plasma, or urine. It determines the fluid and electrolyte balance of a patient and is used in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions, including dehydration, diabetes insipidus, and other disorders of water balance and electrolyte balance. The device is compact, user-friendly, and provides fast and accurate results, making it a valuable tool for healthcare professionals in various clinical settings.
Top 3 Competitors
- Advanced Instruments Inc. 3300 Micro-Osmometer
- Hotz Medicals Elitech 805 Osmometer
- Roche Diagnostics GmbH Osmonics ASM 360 Osmometer
5 Best Things:
Systems 5004 MICRO-OSMETTE Osmometer. However, here are some common features and benefits that are typically included in osmometers:
- Accuracy: The ability to measure osmolality accurately is crucial in many medical applications. A high-quality osmometer should have a high degree of accuracy in order to ensure reliable results.
- User-friendly interface: An easy-to-use interface, such as a color touch screen, can make the operation of an osmometer simple and straightforward, allowing users to focus on their work.
- Speed of measurement: The speed at which osmolality is measured can be an important factor, especially in clinical settings where rapid results are needed.
- Sample volume: The required sample volume is another important factor to consider when choosing an osmometer. Lower sample volume requirements make the process of measuring osmolality more convenient and efficient.
- Durability and reliability: Osmometers are used in demanding environments and it is important that they are robust and reliable. A well-designed and built osmometer should be able to withstand the demands of regular use and provide accurate results for many years.
These are some of the common selling points of osmometers, however, the specific selling points of the Precision Systems 5004 MICRO-OSMETTE Osmometer may be different, and I would recommend contacting the manufacturer for more information.