The Topcon KR7000P Autorefractor Keratometer Topographer is a diagnostic instrument used to assess the refractive error, corneal shape, and topography of the eye. It combines three essential functions of a comprehensive eye exam: autorefraction, keratometry, and corneal topography, all in one instrument.
The device works by projecting a beam of light into the eye and measuring the way it is refracted by the cornea and lens. The device then analyzes the shape of the cornea and the way light is reflected from its surface to provide a detailed assessment of the patient’s visual system.
The autorefractor function measures the refractive error of the eye, including sphere, cylinder, and axis, with high accuracy and speed. The keratometer function provides measurements of corneal curvature and shape, which are essential for the fitting of contact lenses or the diagnosis of corneal diseases.
Overall, the Topcon KR7000P Autorefractor Keratometer Topographer is an essential tool for diagnosing refractive errors, corneal shape abnormalities, and other corneal pathologies. It provides a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s visual system, helping to ensure that they receive the best possible visual correction and management of any underlying conditions.
Top 3 Competitors
- Nidek ARK-1s Autorefractor Keratometer
- Zeiss Visucam Pro NM Autorefractor Keratometer
- Oculus Pentacam HR
5 Best Things:
- Three-in-one instrument: The Topcon KR7000P combines three essential diagnostic functions – autorefraction, keratometry, and corneal topography – into one instrument. This saves time and provides a more comprehensive assessment of the patient’s visual system.
- High accuracy and precision: The device features advanced measurement technologies, such as infrared technology for autorefraction and Placido disc technology for corneal topography, to provide highly accurate and precise measurements of the patient’s refractive error, corneal shape, and topography.
- Intuitive interface: The device has an intuitive interface that is easy to use for both clinicians and patients. It features a large color touch screen display, automated measurement processes, and a user-friendly software interface.
- Advanced features: The Topcon KR7000P includes advanced features such as pupil size measurement, contact lens simulation, and color mapping, which provide a more comprehensive assessment of the patient’s visual system and help with the diagnosis and management of various eye conditions.
- Comprehensive analysis and documentation: The device features advanced software for the analysis and documentation of exam results. It allows clinicians to generate comprehensive reports with detailed analysis of the patient’s refractive error, corneal shape, and topography. This makes it easier to communicate exam results to patients and to other healthcare professionals involved in the patient’s care.